Tuesday 8 March 2011

Census

I have just had the census form through the post, and although I am not one who is particularly bothered by providing the kind of general information about myself to the government, I am a little surprised to find that question 17 on the census form is apparently 'Intentionally left blank - go to question 18'. Why would they do this? The most annoying thing is that I'm sure there's probably a good reason, but without knowing it I am forced to assume that they made a list of all the questions they wanted to ask and someone left out number 17, but because all the other questions direct you towards the next relevant question they decided it was too much of a faff and so just decided on this solution.
ETA - apparently it's about the Welsh language and hence has been redacted from the English census, so I withdraw my confusion and proclaim the census relatively simple.