Thursday 4 December 2008

The Colbert Report

I'm still finding it increasingly difficult to know that the Colbert Report is on in this country, but we can't watch it. It pains me, but I'm beginning to wonder whether £35 a month for access to half an hour's worth of programming a day is actually quite a good deal - nearly £2 an episode wouldn't be so galling if it wasn't for the fact that we did have the FX channel and were blissfully happy, and should we succumb and start paying for it, we will never know whether it might have reappeared at some point anyway. Plus, if we went out for an evening, the cost of each episode would increase, which would mean that alongside the disappointment of not seeing the show, we would have the mounting costs to justify to ourselves as well. A part of me is really angry that there are people out there just enjoying the show, a part of me thinks the message on the Colbert Nation website is almost worth it, and a part of me wants to e-mail Stephen Colbert himself, throw myself on his mercy and beg him to give me personal access to the shows on the grounds that I love them so much. Well, I think that's the part of me that just wants to throw myself on Stephen Colbert generally if I'm honest - it's looking for any excuse...